Roquefort salad with pears, chicory and walnut.
- 2-3 heads red and white chicory, separated into leaves, soaked in iced water for about 10 minutes
- 1 large ripe pear, peeled, thinly sliced
- 125g/4oz Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- squeeze lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp walnut oil
- freshly ground black pepper
This is an easy recipe and takes no time whatsoever a great festive side dish.
- Dry the chicory leaves and neatly arrange onto a serving dish, inner curved sides facing upwards. Drape the pear slices over the leaves.
- Evenly distribute the cheese in and amongst the leaves and squeeze over a touch of lemon juice
- Trickle over the walnut oil and grind over a little freshly ground black pepper.
Simple, tasty, and so Christmas!