New Year’s resolutions often seem very boring and not much fun at all, they seem to revolve around cutting out what was once fun; chocolate cake, a few cheeky drinks etc. Sometimes that is not necessarily a bad thing, it is true that you can have too much of a good thing, but does it really have to seem so boring?
So given all this, I’m aware the last thing you probably want to hear about is yet another New Year’s resolution that we all need to follow, yet I still cannot resist making just one more that relates to us all. (Sorry).
But here it is the best New Year’s resolution ever; to plant a tree. There it is so simple, but so good in oh so many ways.
Why should you plant a tree as a New Year's Resolution.
- Planting a tree is great for the environment and the local wildlife. Plant a native tree and help out the birds in your garden. Try a Rowan Tree, birds love their berries in January.
- You get to eat fruit that you have grown. How great is that? Imagine an orange straight from your orange tree and into the juicer.
- Watching your tree grow over the years is such a satisfying and gives a wonderful feeling of continuity.
- Planting trees is a great activity to get young ones involved in and a great way to teach them about nature and keeping them interested in wildlife.
- Trees give us a sense of peace and a connection with nature; a perfect way to forget those weekday blues.
Check out this Tree2mydoor video about How to Plant a Tree: