Let’s face it: most of us don’t think about trees unless it’s Christmas, but a tree’s not just for dressing in coloured in lights and baubles. Trees are more than a shelter for beautifully-wrapped presents; trees aren’t just for Christmas.
We appreciate that the first gift that springs to your mind this Father’s Day may not be a tree, but we don’t think there’s a better way to thank Dad for his support and love. Well, you could maybe buy him a pint, but where’s the originality and the thought in that?
From chopping down the Christmas tree, to bringing in the wood for the fire, traditionally, dads have a long-standing history with trees. As they do with being pillars of support for their families. In fact, a little bit of symbolism is a great way to thank dad for his everlasting strength. Here are 10 more reasons why you should choose a tree for your dad this Father’s Day:
- Tree gifts are a brilliant way to honour Dad... they symbolise his unfailing care and steadfast support.
- A tree gift is a great way for Dad to leave a legacy. Trees can live for decades and, when planted in a family garden, can stay in the family as an heirloom for years to come.
- Dads love to putter about with things and admire their handy work—give Dad the chance to relish in satisfaction and awe of his green thumb with a tree gift this Father’s Day.
- Is Dad a stickler for wildlife? An abundance of trees helps the world return to its more natural state attracts an abundance of wildlife and birds.
- Honour dad this Father’s Day and save the environment with a tree gift. Planting trees can ease our carbon footprint and help reverse some of the damage from global warming.
- Help Dad reclaim his youth with an apple tree this Father’s Day. Apple trees symbolise magic and youth and produce tasty ingredients for pies, too.
- If your dad’s garden is his sanctuary, a specifically chosen tree could help to liven up the space and make it warmer and inviting.
- Trees have been proven to help improve our lives in a variety of ways—from lessening the recovery time of patients after surgery to making environments feel more like home.
- Is Dad a keen gardener? Dotting his garden with trees will help delicate flowers and plants survive harsh winter weather since frost is less common underneath trees.
- Trees are the gifts that keep on giving, especially fruit trees. Give Dad a cherry tree this Father’s Day and next year, you two could celebrate Father’s Day trying your hand at a homemade cherry pie.